The School Newspaper of Rouse High School

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Bus Riding: The Beginning Years to Now

Riding the bus every day, morning and afternoon, is quite annoying especially for juniors at.  As we get further in our high school years, the bus gets more crowded and there is a higher chance of sitting next to some weird kid you don’t even know.

Freshman year was the best year in my opinion. We weren’t required to share seats with random people and we were always guaranteed a seat on the bus. This was the year with only about 300 students so there were less people who rode the bus.

Sophomore year was the beginning of our bus rides starting to change. The amount of students had been more than doubled. It was less likely to get your own seat on the bus, although it was possible on some days. Every Friday the bus would be packed with students who didn’t normally ride our bus because they needed a way to get to their friends’ house.

This year, junior year, has been even worse than sophomore year on a Friday. On the first day of school, most of us had to sit three to a seat. It was terrible. There was no elbow space at all.

To make my junior year even better, now my bus is one of the last buses that pull up into the bus lane. We have to wait until all the first buses pull away and then that’s when my bus finally decides to let us get on.

It’s really irritating waiting about 10 minutes for my bus to pull up. I’m hoping to have my license before senior year starts so I won’t have to put up with a crowded bus full of smelly people.