John Graham is Rouse High School’s new interim principal after Nancy Scott was promoted to Executive Director of Staff Development for LISD. To get to know Mr. Graham better we asked him these questions.
1) How many years have you been an educator?
This is my ninth year.
2) What are you most excited about for Rouse High School this year?
Each year we have a lot of firsts at Rouse and again we will have the first varsity football game, first prom, three grade levels and a lot of great new teachers and students. It is exciting to say I was one of the first ones to do that in RHS history!
3) What was your favorite class in High School?
U.S. History — I had a great teacher and I love history. Before I became an administrator I was a social studies teacher.
4) What activities were you in?
I played football, basketball and track. I was active in FFA, NHS and Student Council.
5) What were your friends like in high school? What did you guys use to do?
I grew up in a small town close to Abilene, so I was friends with everyone. We would hunt fish and play sports all the time. We hung out at friends’ houses a lot.
6) What was the funniest excuse you have ever heard from a student?
“Mrs. Chisholm said I could do it!”
7) What was the best excuse that you ever gave a teacher while you were in school?
I couldn’t turn in my Senior English research paper on-time, because I was at the hunting and fishing expo that day it was due.
8) What is your favorite Sonic drink?
Route 44 Sweet tea, easy ice, I drink one every morning.
9) What was the last book you read?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
10) What was the last movie you saw? What is your favorite movie?
I have an 11-year old son and we went and watched The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. My favorite movie is Lonesome Dove.
11) What time do you get up for school?
I usually get up by 5:50 a.m. I like to be at school by 7:15 each morning.