Eight athletes place at area track meet

Photo by Janice McLaughlin

Haley Timmons competes at the distract track meet. Timmons placed second in the 1600 and fourth in the 3200 at area and qualified for regionals.

Lila Lilljedahl, Rumbler Staffer

Eight varsity athletes placed at area April 23 at Marble Falls High School.

Junior Madie Boreman placed first of her events, the mile and two mile. Teammate Haley Timmons was second in the 1600 and fourth in the 3200. Both now move on to the regional meet.

“Area went well,” Boreman said. “I hope that regionals just goes as all races have been going and we all just race smart.”

The 1600 Meter Relay composed of Boreman, Abby Lentz, Kylie Carpenter and Zoe Holmes placed third and also qualified for regionals.

Madie Boreman won the district and area 1600 and 3200 Meter Runs. Boreman will now compete at regionals in May.
Photo by Janice McLaughlin

“We did really well I’m very proud of how everyone ran,” Lentz said. “We don’t really have any expectations for regionals, all we can hope for is that everyone runs their best and that can get us far.”

Senior Suede Mora placed third in the 3200 and fifth in the 1600.

“I wasn’t the best runner there, but I was glad to be right there,” Mora said. “I was just happy to going to regionals.”
The athletes will compete at regionals May 1-2 at Baylor University in Waco.

AREA RESULTS
VARSITY GIRLS
1600 Meter Run Madie Boreman – 1st, Haley Timmons – 2nd
3200 Meter Run Madie Boreman – 1st, Haley Timmons – 4th
300 Meter Hurdles Bailie Rogouski – 6th
100 Meter Hurdles Nandhi Brown – 4th
4×400 Meter Relay Madie Boreman, Abby Lentz, Kylie Carpenter, Zoe Holmes – 3rd

VARSITY BOYS
1600 Meter Run Suede Mora – 5th
3200 Meter Run Suede Mora – 3rd