The School Newspaper of Rouse High School

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Raiders move into new 13-6A district

Goodbye, 25-4A. Hello, 13-6A.

The University Interscholastic League announced the 2014-15 and 2015-16 tentative football and basketball district assignments Monday, Feb. 3. Rouse moves into the newly created 6A conference and will play in District 13 with two Pflugerville schools and five Round Rock schools. The new district includes: Rouse, Pflugerville, Hendrickson, Cedar Ridge, Westwood, Round Rock, Stony Point and McNeil High Schools. For all a listing of all the districts in 6A, click here.

Rouse is one of 20 schools making the jump to 6A. Hays and Lehman are the only other Central Texas schools that also moved up.

The school’s former district 25-4A is now 25-5A. All other members: Leander, Vandegrift, Vista Ridge, Cedar Park, Marble Falls and Dripping Springs remained in that district. Georgetown and Georgetown East View were the two new additions. For a listing of all the districts in 5A, click here.

The conferences are based off of student enrollment. Conference 5A is 1060 to 2099 enrolled while 6A is for enrollments of 2100 students or more. Rouse’s student population hovers just above 2,100. Enrollment on the first day of school was 2,109. UIL officials collected enrollment data in October for all Texas high schools.
These realignments are for football and basketball. Other athletic district alignments will be released no later than April 15.

For additional information, please see the UIL website.