The School Newspaper of Rouse High School

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Raider Rumbler

Trends Back in Style

Big sunglasses

Sunglasses that cover most of the person’s face have come back from the ‘60s. Now they have new varieties of sizes, shape and colors.

Skinny jeans

It may surprise you, but skinny jeans aren’t a new trend. In fact they’ve been around since the ‘50s. They used to be a symbol of sexiness and rebellion, but now are found in a lot of people’s everyday wardrobes.

Bangs

Clothing and jewelry aren’t the only things coming back; hair styles have come back, too. Celebrities and models across the states have begun to get their hair cut with bangs.

Big jewelry

The big chunky jewelry from the ‘80s is back. Many people accessorize with bangles, huge earrings and big watches.

Bright Colors

In the ‘80s bright colors were found in every trendy outfit. Now these neon wonders are back.

High tops

The high tops from the ‘80s that flip over to reveal another color are being found once again in Converse stores. These shoes are popular among both teenagers and nostalgic adults.

Leggings

Leggings have changed since the ‘80s. They were used as a way to look sexy, but now they’ve become a way for girls to be modest and cover their legs while wearing short skirts.

Off the Shoulder Tops

The shoulder-less look of teens from 30 years ago has come back strongly. It has changed since then and now instead of having both shoulders exposed typically one is covered while the other is bare.